COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Examples of personal information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what websites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the website;
- Purpose of collection: to load the website accurately for you, and to perform analytics on website usage to optimize our website;
- Source of collection: collected automatically when you access our website using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels;
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with Hillside Blenders B.V..
- Examples of personal information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers and bank name and bank account numbers), email address, and phone number;
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- Source of collection: collected from you;
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with Hillside Blenders B.V., Mollie B.V. (payment provider), Newcorp Logistics B.V. (fulfillment provider) and package delivery parties such as PostNL.
Customer support information
- Personal information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address and phone number;
- Purpose of collection: to provide the best and personal customer support;
- Source of collection: collected from you.
The website is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect personal information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We may share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights;
- We use Newcorp Logistics B.V. to fulfil and ship your purchases. You can read more about how Newcorp Logistics B.V. uses your personal information here: https://www.newcorplogistics.nl/en/privacy-statement/;
- We use PostNL to ship your purchases. You can read more about how PostNL uses your Personal Information here: https://www.postnl.nl/en/privacy-statement;
- We use Mollie B.V. to process IDEAL, credit card and other alternative payment methods. You can read more about how Mollie B.V. uses your Personal Information here: https://www.mollie.com/en/privacy.
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout;
- For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the website;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the website, we will retain your personal information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘YOUR RIGHTS’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you. Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours;
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through on email@example.com.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our website. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the website or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies;
- Performance cookies;
- Functionality cookies;
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided. Examples of Strictly Necessary Cookies we may use on this website include Content Management Cookies which are required by the site for the content management system to work and Template Preference Cookies which are necessary for mobile sites and enable the site to look and feel the way it is intended to.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and any error messages visitors receive from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that directly identifies a visitor. Information collected by these cookies is often aggregated and therefore becomes anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
How to manage cookies?
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device. You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to ‘Do Not Track’ signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Hillside Blenders B.V., Nieuwegracht 12, 3763 LB Soest, The Netherlands
Last updated: June, 2021